This present website, currently located at www.aiic.net (the “Site”), is owned, copyrighted and managed by the International Association of Conference Interpreters, Geneva (“AIIC”).
Acceptance of ToU
User’s attention is drawn as the Policies are subject to change at any time, without prior notice. It is the User’s responsibility to verify the content of the Site and its Policies. The continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to these ToU constitutes acceptance of the changes.
Description of Services
AIIC provides and operates the following services and features to all Users (the "Basic Services") through the Site:
- posting of general information about AIIC and the profession of interpreter;
- directory of the AIIC members, with an advanced search engine;
- directory of schools of interpretation;
- directory of the AIIC Consultant Interpreters.
The following additional services (the “Advanced Services” and, together with the Basic Services, the "Services") are only accessible for registered Users having created a user account as provided for herein (the "User Account"):
- a personal bookmark manager;
- a personal mailing list subscription manager;
- various content alert services;
- content served preferentially in the language(s) the User reads;
- quick access to the Content posted since the User’s last visit on the Site;
- access to a selection of stories that best match the User’s profile;
- improved access to AIIC groups and committees especially relevant to the User’s profile, with pointers to contact persons in the User’s area.
AIIC takes no responsibility for the Services provided by the Site and makes no warranty to the Users for the quality or any other aspect of the Services. Furthermore, AIIC shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Services.
User accounts for Advanced Services
By registering, the User represents and warrants the following:
- the User is eligible for a User Account under the Policies;
- the Personal Information the User includes as part of the registration process is accurate and not misleading;
- the User is entitled to access, use the Services according to any laws and / or regulations that may apply to him.
User Accounts may only be obtained and used by the following persons:
- individuals who are eighteen (18) years or of legal age in their country of residence if such age exceeds eighteen (18);
- individuals with the right and authority to act on behalf of an organisation or entity for purposes of using the Services provided on the Site.
Registered Users agree to update the Personal Information you provided if needed and to be solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their User Account, login, password and any activity that may occur through their User Account.
The User shall immediately notify AIIC of any unauthorized use of its User Account or in the event that the User Account integrity is compromised.
Use of the Services
Users agree not to use the Site to advertise products or services or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, without prior written approval from AIIC.
Users agree not to gather the email addresses provided by the Site or its Services for purposes of spamming or for any non-personal or commercial purposes.
Without prior written approval from AIIC, Users may not frame any of the content of the Site, or incorporate into another Web site. Requests for permission to frame our content may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users are further prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation:
- accessing data not intended for a User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access,
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization,
- attempting to interfere with Services to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing,"
- sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- collecting, aggregating, copying, displaying, making any derivative use of the Site;
- using robots, spiders or gathering similar data or using extraction tools without AIIC prior written permission, subject only to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Site, provided that they each do so from a stable IP address or rang of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent.
Violations of system or network security of the Site may result in civil or criminal liability. AIIC will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Exclusion of Users / Termination of Account
In the event of any violation of the Policies or at its discretion, AIIC has the right to exclude any User and without prior notice by closing down the User Account, to prevent any use of the Site and to block access to the Site or its Services temporarily or indefinitely.
AIIC shall have no liability with respect to the termination of any User Account. AIIC has the right to sue or claim any damages, in a criminal or civil court against an infringing User.
AIIC provides information on the Site on an “as is” basis and does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the information available on the Site, nor does AIIC undertake to verify, update or correct such information.
The Site contains links to third party websites maintained by other content providers. These links are provided solely as a convenience to the User and not as an endorsement by AIIC of the content on such third-party sites and AIIC hereby disclaims any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Web sites.
All Content and more generally every element displayed on or available through the Site (text, image, sounds, etc.) are the exclusive property of AIIC or are used by AIIC with express permission of the copyright and/or trademark owner. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials found on the Site should be sent to AIIC Secretariat, 46, Av. Blanc, 1202 Genève, Suisse or email@example.com
AIIC grants each User a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access the Site to, as applicable, to use the Services in accordance with the Policies.
DISCLAIMERS AND INDEMNITY
IF A USER ACCESSES THE SITE AND USES THE SERVICES, THE USER DOES SO AT HIS OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. AIIC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS AND THE USERS WAIVES ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
AIIC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICES WILL MEET THE USER’S REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SERVICES WILL NOT BE INTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE AND (C) ANY INFORMATION THAT USERS MAY OBTAIN THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
USERS WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AND SERVICES DO SO UNDER THEIR OWN RESPONSIBILITY AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCALLY APPLICABLE LAWS.
You agree to indemnify and hold AIIC, its officers, subsidiaries and owner harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Site or Your breach of these ToU.
If any provision of these ToU is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible so as to reflect the intent of the parties.
The remaining provisions of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These ToU and all matters arising out of or relating to these ToU shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland, without regards to principle of conflicts of laws thereof.
Any controversy, claim or dispute between a User and AIIC arising out of or in relation with these ToU shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary courts of the Canton of Geneva, with the exception of an appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court.
Other formatsPrinter-friendly version
Share this page
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in