10:00 — 14:00
ETIB Université Saint-Joseph - Campus des Sciences Humaines
Zaarour Hall - 6th floor
Zoe Hewetson will be running an intensive training of trainers session at ETIB-USJ in Beirut in January 2016.
The course will last 1 1/2 days and will focus on techniques for teaching simultaneous, and specifically simultaneous into English B.
The course will cover the following points:
• discussion of A and B languages, particularly what an English B entails
• the importance of message and clarity of message
• the quality of the output in English and how to improve it
• feedback - for and by students and trainers
• sight translation
• speech preparation
• practice sessions: speeches into and out of English and Arabic
• observation of an Ar >En B class
• component parts of a class: preparation, practice, feedback..
Zoe Hewetson is an experienced freelance conference interpreter and interpreter trainer. As co-director of the MA in Conference Interpreting at the University of Westminster, she was jointly responsible for designing and delivering the entire course, from aptitude tests to final exams, covering all aspects of consecutive and simultaneous training, as well as in-house teacher training. She was a member of the EMCI working group on B languages and together with Christine Adams has run several short courses for interpreters both for the EU institutions and the private market, including consecutive and English B refresher programmes.
To register for the course, click here.
All AIIC courses are non-profit.
AIIC reserves the right to use photos taken during the course for promotional purposes. Anyone who does not want their image used in this way is invited to mention this to in an email to the address above before the course.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org