Venue: Rio de Janeiro, campus of the Pontifícia Universidade Católica - PUC-Rio Date: 5-18 February 2009
- total of 30 hours of training in interpreting from Portuguese into English-- distributed as follows:
9 hours total for consecutive interpretation training
21 hours total for simultaneous interpretation training
- individual booths with the supervision and guidance of experienced professors
- registration limited to 12 participants, so that participants' performance can be appropriately monitored
classes held in the mornings from 9 to 12:30 and afternoon sessions are reserved for:
- 24 hours of self-access training sessions
- five programmed 90-minute lectures on topics of Brazilian art, history, economy or politics
three 90-minute classes on updates in Brazilian Portuguese and culture
professional interpreters with fluent mastery of Portuguese in order to be eligible for a Portuguese-C classification, by AIIC standards
Registration Deadline: December 18th, 2008.
Places are limited to 12 students, so it is advisable to apply early.
PUC-Rio reserves the right to cancel the course if the minimum number of participants is not reached by Dec. 18th.
a certificate of attendance will be issued at the conclusion of the training program.
total cost of the 66 hour-program per student is: R$ 4. 650,00 (in reais, Brazilian currency, equivalent to 1.678,00 Euros in the exchange rate of September 29th), to be paid via credit card in two installments - the first by December 18th, 2008 and the second by January 15h, 2009.
For further information, details of fees and conditions or sending of enrollment forms, please contact the Program coordinator, Prof. Sílvia Becher, PhD
Tel: +55-21-35 27 14 47
Mobile: +55-21 96 27 64 85
Check our site for more details:
http://www.cce.puc-rio.br/ (Click on 'Cursos Gávea'; Letras/Conference Interpretation Intensive Program)
Recommended citation format:AIIC. "". aiic.net October 21, 2008. Accessed April 2, 2020. <http://aiic.net/p/3066>.
Möchten Sie sich dazu äußern?
Um Kommentare zu hinterlassen, müssen Sie angemeldet sein. Anmelden