Refresher course for professional conference interpreters
18th intensive course in the practice of simultaneous conference interpretation Place: Cambridge, England Date: 18 to 31 August 2002
For information, detailed course brochure and application forms, please contact:
Christopher Guichot de Fortis
Tel: +32-2-654 20 80
Fax: +32-2-652 58 26
|Please note this course is specifically designed for conference interpreters only|
Course Directors include:
- Tom Afton, Head of Interpretation Division, OECD
- Michèle Bo Bramsen, Staff Interpreter, OECD
- Alexander Bartchenkov, freelance Interpreter
- Christopher Guichot de Fortis, Senior Interpreter, NATO
- Doris Kirsch, Senior Interpreter, NATO
- Reiner Peters, Head Language Services, German Delegation, NATO
- Julia Poger, freelance Interpreter
- Alexandre Tchekhov, freelance Interpreter
- Sergio Viaggio, Chief Interpreter, UN Vienna
This refresher course for professional interpreters provides an excellent student/teacher ratio. Participants will interpret guest speakers on a wide range of general and technical subjects under authentic conference conditions. In addition to the core curriculum, there will be specialised tuition in a variety of fields (for example, consecutive, on-sight translation, use and preparation of texts, booth and stress management, marketing and negotiation, interpreting approaches to Shakespeare and the Bible, etc.) and briefings on AIIC, the international institutions, and the profession.
The course languages are English, French, German, Russian and Spanish. The language of general instruction is English. Early enrolment is advisable.
Recommended citation format:AIIC. "Refresher course for professional conference interpreters". aiic.net January 24, 2002. Accessed May 22, 2019. <http://aiic.net/p/636>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in