Staff interpreters' Charter
- Last updated:
In accordance with the undertaking they give on assuming their duties, staff interpreters should:
- serve the interests of the organisations to which they belong;
- scrupulously observe the vow of secrecy to which they are already bound by their professional code;
- keep abreast of developments, undergo further training and prepare for assignments in all areas of their organisations' activities, with a view to maintaining high professional standards at all times. Staff interpreters should make it their duty to notify their supervisors, if they believe themselves not fully qualified to carry out an assignment;
- advise their organisations of the working conditions established by the profession and make every effort to abide by them for the sole purpose of maintaining high professional standards;
- co-ordinate with free-lance colleagues;
- act as interpreters outside their organisation only with the latter's consent, in compliance with local working conditions.
The International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC) is at the entire disposal of its members and their employers for any professional or technical assistance they may require.
Recommended citation format:Staff Interpreters. "Staff interpreters' Charter". aiic.net February 28, 2014. Accessed March 31, 2020. <http://aiic.net/p/6740>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in