Job opening for conference interpreter at OECD
Paris organisation looking for English-French bilingual interpreter for staff position.
The OECD is recruiting a staff interpreter. If you have practical experience of conference interpreting as an English-French bilingual interpreter, preferably with a third language, and are eager to make a contribution to communication at the OECD, we are interested in hearing from you! This is a demanding but rewarding post requiring flexibility and a willingness to engage in terminology, administrative tasks and the life of the Organisation.
Interpretation and professional network
- Interpret consecutively and simultaneously in the two official languages of the Organisation (English and French), and also, preferably from a third language, at high level and very technical meetings.
- Keep abreast of developments in the main areas of the Organisation's work and study the subject matter for discussion at specialist meetings.
- Develop and maintain a strong presence in the wider interpretation network (schools and institutions, other international organisations, etc.).
- Assist the Head and the Deputy Head of Division with all activities related to the provision of interpretation services for OECD, in the Paris region and elsewhere as needed.
- Act as a team leader for meetings in the Paris region as well as for ministerial conferences or on mission for outside meetings.
- Act as an intermediary between the interpretation Division and the organisers to supervise the material and technical organisation of the meetings.
- Participate actively in team work of the staff interpreters (such as preparing terminology, providing assessment of Freelance colleagues and feedback for other staff interpreters, providing technical feedback on audio visual equipment, etc.).
- Oversee the interpretation administrative unit occasionally in the absence of the Head and the Deputy Head of Division.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Advanced university degree in conference interpretation or equivalent professional qualification.
- An advanced university degree or qualification in a subject relevant to the Organisation's work would be an advantage.
- At least eight years’ experience as an interpreter, including relevant experience as a professional conference interpreter in an international and intergovernmental context working in simultaneous mode and at high level meetings.
- Experience in consecutive interpretation would be an advantage.
- Experience as a teacher and examiner in interpretation schools or institutes, coordination and organisation of interpreting services and/or active involvement in professional bodies would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in the use of one or more IT tools for in-booth document and terminology retrieval would be an advantage.
- Outstanding oral and written knowledge of the Organisation's official languages (English and French) and proven interpreter competence in both.
- Knowledge and interpreter competence in one other language relevant to the Organisation's work (e.g. Chinese, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, etc.) would be a major advantage.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Flexible thinking, Teamwork and Team leadership, Client focus, Diplomatic sensitivity, Organisational knowledge.
- Please refer to the level 4 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
For more information, click here.
Recommended citation format:OECD. "Job opening for conference interpreter at OECD". aiic.net February 13, 2016. Accessed September 23, 2019. <http://aiic.net/p/7539>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in