UN announces competitive exam for Spanish translators
Test to be held 28 June 2016 entirely online. Application period closes 14 April 2016.
A competitive examination for Spanish translators is tentatively scheduled to take place on 28 June 2016 and will be carried out entirely online.
- 14 March 2016 – 14 April 2016
- A perfect command of Spanish, which is expected to be a candidate's main language.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Hold at least a first level university degree or its equivalent after at least 3 years of studies from a recognized school of translation, philology, or linguistics in which Spanish is the language of instruction (during the written part of the examination, these candidates will have to translate several English texts only); or
- Hold at least a first level university degree or its equivalent after at least 3 years of studies in any other field from a university or institution of equivalent status in which Spanish is the language of instruction (during the written part of the examination, these candidates will have to translate English texts and a text in Arabic, Chinese, French, or Russian).
- No work experience is required.
Within delegated authority, the Translator is responsible for the following duties:
- Translation: Translates, subject to revision, documents, including summary records, covering a broad range of subjects dealt with by the United Nations, i.e., in the political, social, legal, economic, financial, administrative, scientific and technical fields.
- Other related duties as required.
For detailed information on requirements, expected areas of competence and assessment, plus instructions on how to apply, click here.
Recommended citation format:AIIC. "UN announces competitive exam for Spanish translators". aiic.net March 18, 2016. Accessed August 21, 2018. <http://aiic.net/p/7563>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in