National Taiwan University Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation - Job Announcement
The GPTI looking for Chinese<>English translator and Chinese<>English interpreter.
The Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation (GPTI) at National Taiwan University (NTU) announces two non-tenure track positions. Appointment begins on February 1, 2017. Renewal of contract will be based on availability of funds and upon recommendation by the review committee
Track 1 - Chinese-English Translation:
- Ph.D. in a relevant field
- teaching experience in translation
- professional experience in translation
- a variety of specializations preferred
Track 2 - Chinese-English Interpreting:
- M.A. or Ph.D. with proven track record in conference interpreting
- teaching experience preferred
Teaching Load: at least 16 hours of translation courses inclusive of practicum in both the graduate and undergraduate Translation and Interpretation programs per week.
Salary and Rank: starting monthly salary ranges from approximately 56,680NTD (ca.1,860USD; subject to exchange rates) for lecturers to 90,000NTD (ca. 3,100USD) for full professors. Additional teaching hours (up to 4 weekly) extra.
Benefits: all employees and their dependents (including spouses and children under 18) will be covered by the R.O.C.’s National Healthcare plan. The University provides affordable housing on a space-available basis.
- A curriculum vitae (including list of publications)
- A photocopy of M.A. or Ph.D. diploma; those who have not received their Ph.D. degree at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the doctoral institution indicating that the degree will be obtained by the time of the appointment
- Proof of relevant past/current employment
- Proof of professional experience
- Syllabi of courses taught
- Official transcripts or academic reports from the highest academic institution
- Two letters of recommendation
How to Apply: applicants must e-mail a completed application form to Ms. Vicky Li (email@example.com) and send hard copies of the application materials by November 15, 2016 to:
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation
College of Liberal Arts, National Taiwan University
Job Interview: Finalists will be interviewed in Taipei on November 23, 2016.
All information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality. National Taiwan University appointments are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
International applicants must comply with the national labor laws and meet immigration requirements. Other NTU regulations may apply. Please direct inquiries to Ms. Vicky Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). For this announcement and other information about GPTI, check: http://gpti.ntu.edu.tw/main.php and http://gpti.ntu.edu.tw/app/news.php?Sn=333
Recommended citation format:AIIC. "National Taiwan University Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation - Job Announcement". aiic.net October 14, 2016. Accessed August 22, 2019. <http://aiic.net/p/7784>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. S'identifier