National Taiwan University Gradutate Program in Translation and Interpretation Job Announcement
The Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation (GPTI) at National Taiwan University (NTU) announces two full-time faculty positions.
I. General requirements:
Except as otherwise specified, minimum requirements include a Ph.D. and a strong publication record in a relevant field. All full-time faculty members are required to teach courses in both the graduate and undergraduate Translation and Interpretation programs and are obliged to direct theses, mentor students, and serve on various university and program committees.
Track 1— Chinese-English Translation:
- Research expertise and teaching experience in translation
- Proof of professional translation experience
- A variety of specializations preferred
Track 2— Chinese-English Interpreting:
- Research expertise and teaching experience in interpreting
- A minimum of 3 years of professional practice in Chinese-English/English-Chinese conference interpreting
III. Salary and Rank:
Commensurate with qualifications. Initial salary per annum ranges from approximately 930,000NTD (ca. 29,980USD; subject to exchange rates) for assistant professors to 1,262,000NTD (ca. 40,680USD) for full professors with a regular teaching load (9 hours per week for assistant and associate professors, 8 for full professors), with additional remuneration for additional teaching hours and certain administrative assignments. Other benefits include (family) health insurance, research grants and awards (on a competitive basis), and university housing (subject to availability).
IV. Application Materials:
- A curriculum vitae (including list of publications)
- A photocopy of Ph.D. diploma; those who have not received their Ph.D. degree at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the doctoral institution indicating that the degree will be obtained by the time of the appointment
- Proof of past/current employment (if applicable)
- Proof of relevant professional experience
- Statement of research interests
- Syllabi of courses taught
- Official transcripts or academic reports from the highest academic institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Publications within the past 5 years (Ph.D. dissertation included)
V. Application Deadline and General Information:
Appointment begins on August 1, 2017. All applicants must e-mail a completed application form to Ms. Vicky Li (email@example.com) and send hard copies of the application materials by February 20, 2017 to:
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation
College of Liberal Arts, National Taiwan University
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed. All information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality. National Taiwan University appointments are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
International applicants must comply with the national labor laws and meet immigration requirements. Other NTU regulations may apply. Please direct inquiries to Ms. Vicky Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). For this announcement and other information about GPTI, check: http://gpti.ntu.edu.tw/main.ph.
Recommended citation format:AIIC. "National Taiwan University Gradutate Program in Translation and Interpretation Job Announcement". aiic.net December 22, 2016. Accessed August 21, 2018. <http://aiic.net/p/7828>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in