AIIC in Casablanca
A meeting of AIIC's Private Market Sector brought together interpreters from around the world to discuss market developments, standards & working conditions, and the challenges of a changing world.
- Last updated:
AIIC has 2 Agreement Sector (AS) that comprises international organizations with which AIIC has concluded collective agreements governing the remuneration and working conditions of freelance conference interpreters working for them, and a Private Market Sector (PriMS) that brings together members working on the international private market as well as on national public and private markets. It also includes all work offered by inter-governmental organizations not covered by collective agreements with AIIC.: An
PriMS most recent meeting took place in Casablanca on 14-15 January 2017. Discussions and presentations included:
- The current state of interpretation markets in North Africa and the Middle East (AIIC Arab Countries region).
- Possible changes to AIIC's professional standards.
- Brainstorming on the future of the profession as we move toward the next PriMS meeting in Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) in July of this year.
- Preparations for the upcoming AIIC Assembly – January 2018 in Valencia (Spain).
- Changes to PriMS' landing page on the AIIC website.
The messages and images below provide an overview of the events. We thank AIIC President Angela Keil for compiling this account.
(Scroll down to read the full story)
Articles published in this section reflect the views of the author(s) and should not be taken to represent the official position of AIIC.
Recommended citation format:Angela KEIL. "AIIC in Casablanca". aiic.net January 22, 2017. Accessed June 25, 2019. <http://aiic.net/p/7854>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in