AIIC Introduces an entertaining monthly competition – “Translate and Win”
Language lovers everywhere, get ready for our new proverb challenge. Practice makes perfect, so if at first you don't succeed we're giving you a chance to try and try again.
- Last updated:
AIIC regularly uses custom images called “banners” on our website and Facebook page. In 2017 each month's banner will contain a proverb, which we invite all comers to translate into their native tongue for a chance to win 2 special edition coffee mugs.
It will go like this:
- Look for a new banner every month.
- Translate the saying or proverb into your native language idiomatically and gracefully.
- Submit your entry as a comment to the banner on the AIIC Facebook page or as a tweet @aiiconline.
- A jury will review all entries and announce the “best version prize” during the first two weeks of the following month. The jury will be composed of AIIC members Uros Peterc (Executive Committee), Cyril Flerov (Facebook team), and Raffaella Marchese (PR Team AIIC Italy).
- The winner will receive by mail not one but TWO mugs with the banner AND his/her name on them, helping them enjoy their coffee or tea while browsing AIIC's website and social media pages!
Articles published in this section reflect the views of the author(s) and should not be taken to represent the official position of AIIC.
Recommended citation format:AIIC Editorial Team. "AIIC Introduces an entertaining monthly competition – “Translate and Win”". aiic.net February 2, 2017. Accessed November 14, 2018. <http://aiic.net/p/7870>.
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in