Vacancy: English-French Interpreter, Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Deadline 14 August 2019
- Mis à jour
Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is mandated to provide non-partisan support to the Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs).
Together, we provide administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, community, and excellence.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks an Interpreter who, as part of our Hansard Reporting and Interpretation Services Branch in Toronto, ON, will provide simultaneous interpretation (from English to French and French to English) for the Legislative Assembly and its committees.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Provide simultaneous interpretation of the debates in the House and committee proceedings in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement in all interactions with those involved with the parliamentary process
You’ll support our community as you:
- Collaborate and participate in ongoing professional development within the Interpretation team in an effort to provide linguistic and technical accuracy regarding legislative terminology
- Provide some translation from English to French
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Completion of a post-secondary education in interpretation, translation or a language-related discipline, or proven skill and demonstrated experience in simultaneous interpretation
- Superior level of oral and written French and English language skills
- Ability to work under pressure in shifts, with demonstrated commitment to contribute to a positive team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasionally travel for committee meetings within Ontario
- Broad knowledge of the parliamentary environment and current events
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office
If you join our team, you can expect:
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- Competitive benefits package and Employee Assistance Program
- Continued training and development
- Dynamic work environment
Salary Range Minimum: $66,055 per annum
File No.: LA-2019-34
Closing Date: August 14, 2019
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details. The Legislative Assembly of Ontario is an inclusive employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up. While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recommended citation format:AIIC. "Vacancy: English-French Interpreter, Legislative Assembly of Ontario". aiic.net August 5, 2019. Accessed February 25, 2020. <http://aiic.net/p/8845>.
- Vacancy-English-French-Interpreter-Legislative-Assembly-of-Ontario---ENGLISH —
- Vacancy-English-French-Interpreter-Legislative-Assembly-of-Ontario----FRENCH —
Other formatsPrinter-friendly version Save as PDF Save as Word
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. S'identifier