Vacancy: English-French Interpreter, Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Deadline - 2 December 2019
- Last updated:
Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration, and excellence.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks an Interpreter who, as part of our Hansard Reporting and Interpretation Services Branch in Toronto, ON, will provide simultaneous interpretation (from English to French and French to English) for the Legislative Assembly and its committees.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Provide simultaneous interpretation of the debates in the House and committee proceedings in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement in all interactions with those involved with the parliamentary process
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Collaborate and participate in ongoing professional development within the Interpretation team in an effort to provide linguistic and technical accuracy regarding legislative terminology
- Provide some translation from English to French
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Completion of a post-secondary education in interpretation, translation or a language-related discipline, or proven skill and demonstrated experience in simultaneous interpretation
- Superior level of oral and written French and English language skills
- Ability to work under pressure in shifts, with demonstrated commitment to contribute to a positive team environment
- Broad knowledge of the parliamentary environment and current events
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasionally travel for committee meetings within Ontario
If you join our team, you can expect:
- A comprehensive benefit and pension package
- A dynamic work environment
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- To be encouraged and supported to grow your career through training and development
Salary Range: $66,055 - $95,818 per annum
File No.: LA-2019-54
Closing Date: December 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario embraces diversity and as an equal opportunity employer is committed to creating an inclusive workplace while establishing a diversified qualified workforce. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to email@example.com for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recommended citation format:Legislative Assembly of Ontario. "Vacancy: English-French Interpreter, Legislative Assembly of Ontario". aiic.net November 21, 2019. Accessed January 19, 2020. <http://aiic.net/p/8895>.
Other formatsPrinter-friendly version Save as PDF Save as Word
Anything to say?
You must be logged in to comment. Sign-in